samedi, février 18, 2006

so quirkytogether

Emily Dickinson: quirky and alone, but not quirkyalone. We are sociable people.

One of my friends recently characterized me as "a woman who thinks quirky thoughts."
A week later, another called me offbeat.
A day after that, a third called me eccentric.
And yesterday, a perfect stranger told me that my tastes were very eclectic.
Then there's the fact that my deejay name was esoterica.
And that I'm currently listening to "Martha" from Tom Waits' Closing Time album.

For the record, I don't think I'm particularly quirky. But perhaps that's because I have some really wackadoo friends. Anyhow, I came across the quirkyalone concept through my friend Diana in San Francisco:
Quirkyalone: noun/adj. A person who enjoys being single (but is not opposed to being in a relationship) and generally prefers to be alone rather than dating for the sake of being in a couple. With unique traits and an optimistic spirit; a sensibility that transcends relationship status.
Having read the definition, I might be a quirkyalone. Moreover, the quirkyalone traits list resonates with me. And anyone's who's read my blog knows that trait #10 has my name all over it.

I am an optimist. And I have to say that the past year (I happened to be single) has been the best year of my life (so far). Knowing what I do about myself, I have to say that I'm happiest when I'm coupled in a fulfilling relationship. But I'm also unwilling to "settle." The challenge: finding the right person (my equal) at the right time in the right place. (Which makes me just like everyone else, right?)

Anyhow, I've taken the quirkyalone quiz and it turns out that I know myself fairly well:
How quirkyalone are you?
Your score was 78. Somewhat quirkyalone (otherwise known as quirkytogether): You are probably part of a mysterious group of people, the quirkytogethers. You share many of our quirky qualities, but you manage to find yourself, on a regular basis, in a coupled situation. Interesting.
Via Diana

Aucun commentaire: