dimanche, octobre 11, 2015

my renewed pledge on national coming out day

On National Coming Out Day, I renew my pledge to teach my son (and daughter) what I didn’t learn at home:
  • That the greatest family value is valuing all families.
  • That home is a safe place to be yourself.
  • To embrace your identity and the identities of others.
  • That there is no normal ... there’s who you are and that is wonderfully unique.
  • To speak up for those who are afraid to use their voices.
  • To stand up for those who feel powerless.
  • To be a friend to those who feel alone and are most at-risk for checking out of this world.
  • To fight for a world where there is no need for closets because there is no longer any reason to hide.
  • That love is love, and that loving families come in many shapes and sizes.
  • That they are loved by me and by their father, no matter what.

Aucun commentaire: