mardi, novembre 02, 2004

musings on my 'hood

Who knew that stodgy, south-of-the-iron-curtain San Diego could be so liberal? Every time I vote, I get discouraged, because it seems that no matter what I vote for, the majority of my county votes against. Or if I'm against it, then they're all for it. This time, things were different, at least in my own precinct and the precinct where I worked.

Giant disclaimer — these numbers come from ballots cast in the precinct (not absentee) :
  • Kerry 433 to Bush 132 (out of 582 total ballots cast)

  • Plus, landslides for Barbara Boxer, Susan Davis, Christine Kehoe, Lori Saldana, and a certain write-in candidate for mayor.

Election geek that I am, I stopped at the precinct where I voted today (my own Normal Heights neighborhood precinct # 271800) and read the election results tape posted to the door. I'm pleased to report the following:
  • Kerry 457 to Bush 138 (out of 608 total ballots cast)

  • And more landslides for Barbara Boxer, Susan Davis, Christine Kehoe, Lori Saldana, and that write-in mayoral candidate.
Sisters are doing it for themselves... and my 'hood is seeming cooler and cooler all the time.

Aucun commentaire: