mardi, mars 22, 2005

the landed gentry

After what seems like forever, I am now the proud almost-owner of my first home. The loan docs are signed and I've written the largest check of my life. But my letter to the seller probably best describes my feelings toward my new home.
Dear Meridith,

I wanted to take a moment and tell you why I want to buy your home.

I'm a first-time buyer and this purchase means a great deal to me. I'll be thirty years old in April. I work full time at_______ in ____________ and have just applied to the part-time MBA program at _____. In the past 18 months, I've beaten cancer and survived a divorce. Now, I'm looking to create a home for myself and my 12-year old golden retriever, Casey.

I want to make my home in your condo. I love to cook and see myself spending hours in your beautiful kitchen. I love that the kitchen is big enough for my friends and I to cook together. I can see my friends at the table, playing board games and drinking wine. In my mind's eye, I see my girlfriends and I spending an evening in, working on our crafts while getting caught up on each others' lives. And I can also see myself proudly showing my new home to my parents.

I'm amazed at the painstaking attention to detail you've put into everything from the soothing colors in the bedrooms to the fun way you've decorated your bathroom -- where did you find the underwear and bra drawings? I see the personal touches you've made in your home and imagine my own family photographs hanging on the walls.

I also enjoy the vibrant diversity of the neighborhood - I've lived a half-mile from your home for 8 years now. I can't wait to ride my bike down to the taco shop on 35th Street or over to the farmer's market by 30th and University. And I can't wait to be able to say that I'm coming home to a place that I own.

Buying your home means so much to me. It's a big step in moving my life to where I want to be -- healthy, independent, and focused on enjoying every moment.

Aucun commentaire: