mercredi, avril 20, 2005

and then he said ...

Yesterday, I was walking with Allison, talking about whether she should go as Minerva, Diana, or Gaia to a goddess party this weekend. By the time we reached the ATMs, I was telling her a story of my own.

We got in line behind an old guy and when I got to the words "and then he said ..." the old guy ripped quite possibly the loudest, longest fart I've ever heard. I'm serious. It was one phenomenally loud fart. And I swear it went on for at least three seconds.

Neither of us could hold in our laughter very effectively. Normally, that would be just fine, but Allison had her wisdom teeth out last Friday and it hurt to laugh or even smile. But the simple fact is that farts are just funny, so we couldn't help ourselves.

We tried to avoid eye contact, but it was hopeless, because we'd catch each others' eyes and then start busting up like mimes again. The old guy kept shooting me dirty looks, but it was all I could do to keep my voice down as I repeated "and then he said ..." and started heaving with silent laughter.

Aucun commentaire: