samedi, mai 21, 2005

paging darth Wader

While surfing PlanetDan, I came upon this post, about a new Washington Post article that claims Revenge of the Sith is actually just a disguised metaphor for the Bush Vader Administration and the Iraqi quagmire.
Wookies don't belong in Iraqi quagmires. Some people are even saying that this movie is what will finally make the movie-going masses second-guess their beloved Bush by comparing him with a certain black-helmeted evil. I'll be embarrassed if the wake-up call that America finally responds to comes from a Star Wars movie. But whatever works, I guess. Someone else said it better on another site when they said: I've pretty much always heard the Imperial March in my head whenever I saw Bush walking [anyway]. Which is pretty funny if you can hear that song in your head so clearly like I can.
Lucas acknowledges that he wrote the film more than 30 years ago, in response to another tyrannical GOP leader waging an unwinnable war:
[Lucas] said he first wrote the framework of Star Wars in 1971 when reacting to then U.S. President Richard Nixon and the on-going events of the Vietnam War. But the story still has relevance today, he said, and is part of a pattern he has noticed in his readings of history.
Via PlanetDan

Aucun commentaire: