mardi, mai 03, 2005

tour de lance

Lance Armstrong is the closest I'll ever come to having a sports hero. I read both of his books after my own cancer experience and I am very impressed with the work he's done through the Lance Armstrong Foundation and how much money (and awareness) the Livestrong bracelet campaign has generated.

While in Normandy last summer, I would stay up into the wee hours watching TV coverage of Lance laboring up mountain roads, cheering him on and feeling really proud of my fellow American cancer survivor. (Anyone who knows me knows that I detest sports in general and TV sports coverage in particular.)

Anyhow, Lance has announced that this year's Tour de France will be his last. I hope he wins and will be following his training. You can get the latest on Lance and follow his team's progress at the Official Team Discovery site.

Aucun commentaire: