dimanche, mai 15, 2005

trevor's other life as a hasher

Trevor told me he was a hasher Friday night. The San Diego crew describes itself as "a drinking club with a running problem."
The Hash House Harriers is an informal running club with a tradition of hare and hound races dating back to 1938. The club was formed by a group of British soldiers on Kuala Lumpur. After jungle runs the soldiers gathered at a nearby restaurant to eat corn beef hash and drink beer - hence the name Hash House Harriers. Corn beef is no longer part of the Hashing tradition, but beer drinking still is. If you are interested in finding out more about hashing, and about how much fun it can be, visit the San Diego Hash House Harriers.
If I liked running and beer, I would be all over this. Given that I don't care for either, I'm surprised that (two days later) I'm intrigued enough that I'm thinking seriously about taking up running and registering for the Red Dress Run. But I doubt I'll get my act together in time for this year's run.

Update: 05/27/2005 It turns out that JaFo is a red dress alum. Pictures to come...

Aucun commentaire: