dimanche, septembre 25, 2005

from corpse bride to a viking luau

Thursday, I headed to a sneak preview of Corpse Bride with Alex, Sarah, Kate, Phil, and some other folks before hitting 80s with Alex and Phil. Friday, I flew to San Francisco for a whirlwind weekend filled with friends, photography, and fun.

Scott and Monika's wedding was perfect.

Mi gente included the usual suspects (D & Ophy and Healy), old friends (Diana), and some new ones, too. I met several interesting people and came away disappointed that there wasn't enough time to talk more with one person in particular.

My challenge this weekend— to document the emotions and characters of the Lyssand-Araujo wedding with my camera. In addition to pictures of the lovely couple, there are several images in my mind's eye that will (hopefully) translate well to snapshots in the album. I suspect the best of these is Monika's wacky Norwegian father at the reception, laughing after placing the viking horns on a recently unearthed pig, roasted whole in a hole pit.

I don't think anyone who was there will soon forget the happy couple throwing a viking luau for 120 guests with help from a clan of crazy Norwegian-Swedish Americans, their new good-natured Portuguese-Dutch in-laws, and some determined Tongan chefs.

But I sincerely hope that my photographs capture at least the essence of a very memorable weekend.

Aucun commentaire: