mercredi, septembre 28, 2005

pas de schwag

Evidently, no one has told Nouvelle Vague about the money to be made by selling merchandise. I looked for schwag. Twice. Although both opening bands had CDs and t-shirts for sale, the headliner had neither. I was disappointed by the complete lack of schwag.

But the music was another story. After dinner at Shakespeare's, Trevor, Turk, Susan, and I met up with Alex, Gabe, Declan, and Elaine. Phil was there, too, but he was all business with the opening band, SSI.

My favorite (new) cover that Nouvelle Vague played was "Dance With Me," by the Lords of the New Church. It reminded me so much of the Club Retro days. I also enjoyed their stunt, dancing on the bar during "Too Drunk to Fuck" by the Dead Kennedys.

In all, it was a great show and I told them as much en francais on my way out.

Aucun commentaire: