-Henry David Thoreau (July 12, 1817 – May 6, 1862; born David Henry Thoreau), American author, development critic, naturalist, transcendentalist, pacifist, tax resister and philosopher.
I wrote these goals about four years ago. They are all still relevant and very much reflect who I am, how I see myself, and how I want to live my life. Much has changed since I wrote them, and I added one today to acknowledge the most important shift in who I am.
It's time to celebrate the fact that I'm living the life I've imagined.
- Leave a legacy— make the world better for having been here.
- Be rich in experiences and friends.
- Live passionately, joyfully, and without regret.
- Expand my worldview— live abroad and travel extensively.
- Seek knowledge — constantly take classes and surround myself with interesting and intelligent people.
- Achieve balance in all areas of my life.
- Strive to be healthy — physically, emotionally, and mentally.
- Take risks and be more spontaneous.
- Enjoy the present— be here in the moment, doing this.