vendredi, décembre 09, 2005

35 things you probably already knew about me

As I've received this from a few friends this week, I'm surfacing from writing the evil econ research paper for long enough to post this.

1. What time did you get up this morning?
Too early: o' dark hundred. (6 a.m.)
2. Diamonds or pearls?
Both, in spite of my friend Alexander's comment about pearls being congealed oyster mucous.
3. What was the last movie you watched?
Blue.
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Drama: Six Feet Under is the best-written TV series I've ever seen.
Comedy: The Daily Show. Jon Stewart is one clever mofo.
Nowadays, I'm Netflixing both, because I don't have cable.
5. What do you have for breakfast?
Most days, I'll eat a CLIF bar, a piece of fruit, and tea (winter) or water (the rest of the year).
6. What is your favorite color?
Forest green/ British Racing Green
7. What is your favorite food?
Sweet: A fresh fruit tart in a buttery shell with the right custard. Or Susan A.'s Carrot Cake.
Savory: Thai, Italian, French, Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Vietnamese. Most anything that includes garlic and is well seasoned, but not too hot. (I'm not a spice girl and "feel the burn" isn't part of my food vocabulary. The bottom line: if a food is hot enough to make my ears sweat, it's just not worth eating.)
8. What foods do you dislike?
Avocado (just think — it means more for the rest of you)
Most mushrooms
Some fish/ seafood
9. What is your favorite chip flavor?
Chocolate
10. What is in your CD player right now?
Home (desktop) computer: Frou Frou "Details"
Work (desktop) computer: Paul Simon "Negotiations and Love Songs"
Laptop: Wilco "Summerteeth"
Car CD player: Ani DiFranco
11. What kind of car do you drive?
A dark green 2002 Toyota Camry
12. Favorite sandwich?
Depends on my mood and the season. Some faves:
Caprese salad on a baguette. (Fresh tomatoes from the farmer's market, with buffala mozarella, basil, olive oil, a touch of balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.)
Croque madame (ham, chevre, and an egg on gruyere-encrusted toast)
Tuna and cheddar with veggies on fresh squaw bread.
13. What characteristic do you despise?
In myself: Being overly judgemental.
In others: One of my dealbreakers is anyone who is inconsiderate (people who are rude to servers, smokers who light up in enclosed spaces, etc.)
14. Favorite item of clothing?
Anything soft. I'm very tactile and an admitted "soft junkie." I have some velour pants that are great. And a few yoga tank tops that just feel good against my skin.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Right now? Peru.
16. What color is your bathroom?
Zone 6 grey with a touch of blue.
17. Favorite brand of clothing?
Brand? Who cares? I pick things that look nice, feel good, hug my curves, and will hold up to how rough I am on clothes. Having said that, I've noticed that I buy a lot of jones new york at thrift stores. Not because of the label, but because I like the clothes. And "iron" is a four-letter word. Eff that.
18. Where would you retire?
Abroad. Ideally, Europe.
19. Favorite time of the day?
When I'm hungry, mealtime. When I'm sleepy, bedtime/ naptime.
20. What was your most memorable birthday?
30 was good. I threw a party / open house in my new condo four days after closing. 38 of you showed up between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m.
21. Where were you born?
Portsmouth Naval Hospital (Portsmouth, Virginia). But I was made in New York City or Madrid (I never asked my parents where, exactly, I was conceived).
22. Favorite sport to watch?
Underwater snail wrestling, Tivo'ed to avoid those pesky commercials.
23. Who do you least expect to send this back to you?
No idea.
24. Person you expect to send it back first?
Surprise me.
25. What fabric detergent do you use?
Method. It's an environmentally responsible company.
26. Coke or Pepsi?
Tea.
27. Are you a morning person or night owl?
I'm best between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. But my circadian rhythm usually can be reset easily, so long as I get enough sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppp.
28. What is your shoe size?
9ish (depends on the type of shoe).
29. Do you have any pets?
My geriatric (but spry) golden retriever, Casey. He has me very well trained.
30. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with your family & friends?
Ummm, no. Move along now, there's nothing to see here.
Everyone already knows my beeswax. It's on my blog.
31. What did you want to be when you were little?
A doctor. Elizabeth Blackwell was my hero. So were Pippi Longstocking and Anne of Green Gables.
32. Favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving: Food, friends, and four-day weekends rock!
33. Do you consider yourself political?
Why, am I being monitored? Hello?
I'm a liberal wacko.
34. Are you religious?
About my politics, but not about god or a higher power. As one friend puts it, he's a fundamentalist agnostic. It's an apt description of my own worldview, too.
35. What is the latest book you have read?
For pleasure: Sarah Vowell's "The Partly Cloudy Patriot"
For school: Managerial Economics

1 commentaire:

Unknown a dit…

I think you were an european baby kidnapped and lost in U.S. :D It just makes me laugh.