lundi, décembre 12, 2005

captain faig's a wanker, right?

Well, not really. It's a pneumonic device that I use to keep the order of accounts (CAAPIIINFAIG AWUNCR RII) straight in my head when writing up a consolidation. It should come in handy later today, as I will be taking my accounting final tonight.

Oh, and clouds will drop rain in buckets maybe. CWDRIBM.

Then there's one classmate's clever way to remember how to eliminate excess retained earnings in a consolidation: RE are retarded and invest-inc is a whore (it gets done twice). Don't ask, you really don't want to know. It's quite a snoozer.

Accounting isn't sexy, but the words we use to remember what goes where are innocently filthy. They're also more fun than the pneumonic devices of my childhood: FOIL (math) and Elvis' Guitar Broke Down Friday (music).

Aucun commentaire: