mercredi, mars 29, 2006

bonnaroo-bound

I just spent $209 for concert tickets. That officially makes me "one of those people."

But this isn't just any concert — it's the fifth annual Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival 2006, a three-day (June 16-18) camping and music festival on a "beautiful, 700-acre farm in Manchester, TN, 60 miles southeast of Nashville." I'll be there with Leo, Ash, Chad, and hundreds of other new friends whose acquaintance I've yet to make.

Yes, I realize that I'm going to Tennessee.
In summertime.
And that I'll be outdoors.

But check out the lineup and then tell me if you're interested in joining us. (This means you, Omer!)

Radiohead
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Phil Lesh & Friends
Beck
Elvis Costello & the Imposters
Oysterhead
Bonnie Raitt
Death Cab for Cutie
moe.
Bright Eyes
The Neville Brothers
Bela Fleck & The Flecktones
Buddy Guy
Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley
Ben Folds
Common
Robert Randolph & The Family Band
Dr. John
Sonic Youth
Les Claypool
Matisyahu
G. Love & Special Sauce
Umphrey's McGee
My Morning Jacket
Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder
Steel Pulse
Mike Gordon & Ramble Dove
Cat Power
Medeski Martin & Wood
Nickel Creek
Gomez
Atmosphere
Steve Earle
Blues Traveler
Disco Biscuits
Amadou & Mariam


Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks
The Dresden Dolls
Son Volt
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Jerry Douglas
Soulive
Rusted Root
Devendra Banhart Band
Donavon Frankenreiter
Mike Doughty
Sasha
Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
The Magic Numbers
Bill Frisell
Seu Jorge
Bettye LaVette
Dungen
Shooter Jennings
Rebirth Brass Band
Robinella
Andrew Bird
Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk
Steel Train
Jackie Greene
Devotchka
The Wood Brothers
dios (malos)
Toubab Krewe
The Motet
Marah
I-Nine
Matt Costa
Balkan Beat Box
Tortured Soul
The Cat Empire

2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

Considering this is a couple days before my birthday, I may have to give this some serious consideration! Awesome lineup, too. Let's discuss soon.

Anonyme a dit…

This is Brian actually (of Leo Soccer fame).

That lineup is incredible. My choices of who not to miss:

My Morning Jacket - great band, they are out of Louisville I think. They can rock like you wouldn't believe and their vocalist has the best voice ever.

Mike Doughty - former soul coughing front man, put out a great album last year.

Jackie Greene - Sacramento Local who's been getting bigger lately, he's REALLY good. And he looks 12.

Blackalicious - these guys are awesome.

I'd also check out Bright Eyes, Clap You Hands, Lyrics Born and Gomez.

I have to say I am very jealous.