mardi, avril 11, 2006

overheard in new york

I wrote down lots of the things I overheard on my trip to New York a few months back and now I get my fix on overheard in new york. Here's what I mean:

Girl #1: I don't know how I feel about him. He's kind of an elitist.
Girl #2: Well, some people would say I'm an elitist.
Girl #1: Yeah, but with you it's funny.
--Pratt ladies' room, Manhattan
Overheard by: Jackie C.


Girl #1: I'm funny.
Girl #2: No you're not.
Girl #1: Yes I am. Everyone says I'm hilarious.
Girl #2: Of course they do. That's because you aren't pretty.
--Virgin, Union Square
Overheard by: djlindee

Girl: Hey, you know I heard this guy did drugs one time, and he had some kind of permanent reaction, and now he thinks he's a glass of orange juice!
Guy: Oh yeah, I heard about that. He goes around telling people not to tip him!
Girl: Yeah, yeah. Hey, imagine if he saw someone drinking orange juice.
Guy: Now that would be funny.
--Fontana Sushi, Bay Ridge
Overheard by: Fiona F.


Yuppie girl: Are you sure? I thought it was pronounced "you-mor".
Yuppie guy: No. It's "humor". Huh, huh, huh. With an "h".
Yuppie girl: Really? I've heard people say that. I've heard people say "you-mor". Who says it that way?
Yuppie guy: Assholes.
--Bay Ridge
Overheard by: Tim Noonan

Aucun commentaire: