lundi, mai 08, 2006

getting your word on

Geeking out in wordy way:
Double-Tongued Word Wrester Dictionary records undocumented or under-documented words from the fringes of English. It focuses upon slang, jargon, and other niche categories which include new, foreign, hybrid, archaic, obsolete, and rare words. Special attention is paid to the lending and borrowing of words between the various Englishes and other languages, even where a word is not a fully naturalized citizen in its new language.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

My "word madness" is only strong addiction to puzzle games. Currently I'm spending too much time playing "weboggle" http://weboggle.shackworks.com/ which contains very interesting words. I have learned many strange words like "tenesmus", which I also use in my work for something I have to do, but wouldn't like to do it ;)

I also know dozens of words without any idea what those mean - very useful ;)

-Saku