lundi, octobre 02, 2006

the best medicine

"When you're in it up to your eyeballs, keep your mouth shut."
-Yiddish proverb
I have a friend who is completely slammed right now.

He's got a patent deadline this week.
He just moved out of his house, and doesn't have a new place to live yet.
He's also got an infectious laugh.
And he's an amazing storyteller, so I'm glad that he didn't know (or heed) the advice of the above proverb.

He took the time to join Leo, Dana and me for breakfast yesterday. And in spite of the fact that I was struggling to get my tea and English muffin down, I had a great morning — loving, laughing, and feeling completely, wonderfully alive.

In the end, I had such a great morning that I couldn't stop laughing or get rid of my hiccups until we parted ways after breakfast was over. I'm sure that those hiccups were just what I needed to turn the corner and feel much better.

Jason, thank you for my tea and English muffin, for your stories, and for your infectious laughter. Thanks most of all for my hiccups.

Let me know when I can return the favor.

Aucun commentaire: