- Aibohphobia — a joke term for the fear of palindromes, using (of course) a palindromic word.
- Arachibutyrophobia — fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
- Luposlipaphobia — the fear of being pursued by timber wolves around a kitchen table while wearing socks on a newly-waxed floor (fictional, also from Gary Larson in the cartoon series The Far Side).
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia — fear of long words.
- Phobophobia — the fear of fear itself.
jeudi, octobre 19, 2006
Karl shared some fictional phobias at today's Toastmasters meeting. Here are a few of my favorites: