vendredi, mai 25, 2007

somehow, it's comforting to know i'm not alone

Schadenfreude is delighting in the misery of others. And that isn't the right description for what I'm feeling at the moment. Is there a German word for taking comfort in knowing that others are no better off than you are, even though you don't wish your misery on them?

I ask because I just saw my friend Diana's post on the end of another semester as an MBA student. That post, along with a few phone calls this semester, has confirmed what I already suspected to be true:
  1. B-school is a sucky, sucky thing everywhere.
  2. Other really smart people are overwhelmed by the curriculum.
  3. "Balance" is a fleeting fantasy, because part-time school + full-time work = no time for a life.
Congrats on finishing another semester, Diana.

Aucun commentaire: