1/4 cup chopped scallions (about 4 green onions)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 tsp olive oil
2/3 cup finely chopped smoked ham (about 3 oz)
1/2 cup grated extra sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 oz)
- Set oven rack at lowest level and preheat to 450F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water. Cover and bring to a boil. Drain and refresh with cold water. When cool enough to handle, grate by hand or in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Add scallions, salt, and pepper. Toss with a fork until mixed.
- Brush 3 tsps of oil evenly over the surface of a 10-inch pie plate or cast iron skillet. Spread 1/2 of the potato mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- Spread the remaining potato mixture over the top, pressing evenly. Brush the remaining 1 tsp of oil over the surface.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the underside is golden and the potatoes are tender.
362 calories per serving. 13 grams protein. 11 grams fat. 55 grams carbohydrate. 634 mg sodium. 22 mg cholesterol. Serves 4.