mardi, décembre 18, 2007

some christmas faves

Some of my holiday faves, in no particular order... I left the Parchis Spanish-language stuff off, 'cause I can't find "Los Peces en el Rio" on You Tube.

Bono and the boys, back in the day... "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)."


Sean and Kirsty, and Matt Dillon with a cameo in "The Fairytale of New York."


Sting, pre-tantric yoga, "Gabriel's Message."


Run D.M.C. "Christmas in Hollis." A staple of my 80s childhood, much to my mother's horror.


Hands-down best Christmas duet ever: Bing and Bowie, "Little Drummer Boy/ Peace on Earth."


Band Aid: "Do They Know It's Christmas?" Bob Geldof and Midge Ure wrote a song and invited all their hottie friends to sing it, and gave the money to charity. (I could listen to Bono and Sting harmonize for days... and that was my favorite part of the video, too.)


Otis Redding sings my favorite version of "White Christmas."


Billy Mack's "Christmas Is All Around" still slays me.


Annie Lennox and the Reverend Al Green: "Put a Little Love in Your Heart," a cheesy song featured from an awesome movie. I watched the video about 1000 times on VH1 that year.


The Waitresses, "Christmas Wrapping."


Wham, "Last Christmas" (also loved by Trevor, my workout buddy and fellow Francophile).


And a funny take-off of "Los Peces en el Rio"

2 commentaires:

Christine a dit…

Thanks for these links! I especially loved the Otis one. I am a huge fan and had never heard his version of "White Christmas". Was sorry to miss you this weekend!

Happy A. a dit…

Hope your finals (and cold) ended well. I'm glad you enjoyed these. : )