lundi, janvier 07, 2008

the rain floods gutters

As I got into the car this morning, it was still pouring rain, and the lyrics to "Sometimes" by James began. By the time I got to work, I'd belted out the words to "Laid" and other faves. And I'd nearly forgotten that it was a rainy Monday.

James is one the bands I most wish I'd seen in college. I'm not sure that they're even still performing, but I need to see Tim Booth perform before I die.
Fun factoid via Wikipedia:
A somewhat dubious honour that can be attributed to James is that many of their support acts went on to find great success of their own, eclipsing that of James themselves. In 1988 they were supported by The Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays (James went on to support the Happy Mondays only two years later). Nirvana was the support act for a show in 1991 - only a month later, Nevermind reached number one in the Billboard Album Charts. For their 1993 tour, Radiohead was the support.

After James' hiatus, the trend continued. Third Eye Blind supported in 1997; The Corrs and Stereophonics in 1998; Supergrass and Doves in 1999. In 2000 they were supported by Coldplay - a month later their breakthrough single "Yellow" was released, a month after that their debut album Parachutes went to #1 in the UK album chart.

The support for their 2007 UK tour was The Twang, already the subject of considerable media coverage.
"Laid"

"Say Something"

"Sometimes"

"She's a Star"

Aucun commentaire: