jeudi, septembre 04, 2008

when 1,826 days means you're done

I'm five years kidney cancer-free today, and considered "cured". Woo hoo!

I got out of bed at 6:15 this morning, but instead of heading to the hospital for surgery, I went to Toastmasters, then work, then class, then my wines class with Leo. It was an extraordinary day that unfolded ordinarily. It was somewhat anti-climactic, but so comfortable to come home, have leftovers for dinner, and enjoy some Buffy with Leo. This weekend, we're celebrating in earnest. Meanwhile, Ruby's got to pee, so I'm off.

2 commentaires:

Leo Stezano a dit…

congratulations. you made it just before john mccain takes away your health insurance altogether. your timing is impeccable!

leo

Christine a dit…

(A little belated): YESSSSS!!!!!!

Congrats, Happy!!!