This is a great recipe for kids to watch. There are very few crumbs in this cake. It holds together quite well.
4 TBSP flour
4 TBSP sugar
4 TBSP cocoa powder
1 egg, beaten
3 TBSP milk
3 TBSP oil
3 TBSP chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
- Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, then pour in the milk, oil, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the mug. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix slightly.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
Eat! (This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.)
Why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!