6 lbs pork spareribs (2 racks)
1 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup honey
3 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
4 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
Adapted from Bon Appétit, June 2005
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season ribs generously with salt and pepper, roast on rimmed baking sheet until tender, about 1-hour.
- Meanwhile, combine and simmer the next 7 ingredients in a small saucepan until reduced to 2 cups, about 20 minutes.
- Brush sauce onto ribs and roast until well glazed, about 20 minutes.
- Cut into individual ribs and serve with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
lundi, juin 28, 2010
five-spice spareribs with hoisin-honey glaze
These phenomenally tasty ribs are pretty easy to make. Serve with rice salad with sugar snap peas and mint.