Epicurious | October 2009
by Jeanne Besser, Kristina Ratley, Sheri Knecht, and Michele Szafranski
yield: Makes 4 servings
active time: Prep Time: 15 minutes or less
total time: Total Time: 30 minutes or less
This light fish entrée gets a flavor boost from a citrus glaze made from fresh lemon juice, orange juice, and fresh ginger.
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 pound tilapia fillets
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice or high-quality store-bought orange juice
* 1 lemon, zested and juiced
* 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1. On a plate, combine the flour and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Lightly dredge the tilapia in the flour.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and butter. When the butter has melted, add the fish and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and just cooked through. Remove the fish and set aside.
3. Add the orange juice, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, and the ginger to the skillet. Increase the heat and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Taste and add lemon zest or more lemon juice if necessary. Return the fish to the skillet, coat with sauce, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
jeudi, septembre 02, 2010
We made this quick healthy fish dish for dinner a few nights ago and loved it.