- That the greatest family value is valuing all families.
- That home is a safe place to be yourself.
- To embrace your identity and the identities of others.
- That there is no normal ... there’s who you are and that is wonderfully unique.
- To speak up for those who are afraid to use their voices and to stand up for those who feel powerless.
- To befriend those who feel alone and are most at-risk for checking out of this world.
- To fight for a world where there is no need for closets because there is no longer any reason to hide.
- That they are loved by me and by their father, period.
mardi, octobre 11, 2011
my renewed pledge on national coming out day
On National Coming Out Day, I renew my pledge to teach my son (and his little sister) what I didn’t learn at home: