lundi, novembre 01, 2004

eminem redeemed?

Yes, I think Eminem is a homophobe and generally disrepectful to women. And his music does nothing for me. But he's inching toward redemption in my eyes with his latest song and powerful get-out-the-vote video. It is available to stream for free on the web:http://search.launch.yahoo.com/search/lsearch/all?p=mosh
Scroll down to"Videos matching "mosh":" and click on Eminem's video.

The bottom line is this: Generally, I don't think of myself as a patriotic person because I think many people mistakenly equate patriotism with jingoist flag-waving silliness. But I do get pretty riled up about voting, because I see voting as the most patriotic thing I as an American can do. This is the fourth election where I've worked the polls, and I hope that Eminem's video helps bring more people in my generation to the voting booths, no matter who (whom?) they vote for. I respect celebrities who use their star status for something they think is important, even if sometimes I disagree with them, because it means they have put their careers on the line for their values. I just hope this one doesn't backfire on Eminem.
Via Jen

Update: http://slate.msn.com/id/2108891/
Via Hilary S.

Aucun commentaire: