lundi, novembre 01, 2004

on being adopted

I have several friends who were adopted. Some have no desire whatsoever to find their birth parents, while others are on a seemingly impossible quest.

I read open brackets occasionally and the woman who writes it mentioned recently how she feels on the subject. As usual, the writing is great and I found her words very thought provoking.

1 commentaire:

Stan a dit…

Re. adoption: My wife was finally discovered by her adopted-out daughter. Suffice it to say they have a lot of similarities. And that the daughter needn't have worried that her mother might turn out to be some evil, skid-row gutter bug. Just the opposite. In fact here is my revelation: most adopted childrens' mother were probably the nicest people -- or they would have had an abortion and not suffered through pregnancy, as my wife did when she was in her mid-teens. It's the aborted kids who have the evil mothers. I'm certainly not against abortion. Thank God those mothers could have abortions. Just think how they would treat their kids, otherwise.