jeudi, décembre 30, 2004

LA: fairfax and the getty

I spent today with Nolan and his aunt Brenda, who's in town from Florida. The three of us made a day of it in LA and enjoyed the farmer's market and grove at Fairfax and then headed to the Getty for the Cézanne exhibit and to see the current photographic exhibit. As much fun as I had, I just can't handle the thought of living there and dealing with that kind of traffic every day. So I've crossed it off the list of places I could ever live. But as I told Brenda, today was an uber-French day:
  • I ate crêpes.
    J'ai mangé des crêpes et une salade. "La Marie Antoinette" avec des fromage (emmenthaller), des jambon, des tomates et des oefs. Un (avec Nolan et Brenda) "Napoleon" avec des Nutella, des bananes et des chantilly.
  • I bought an Eiffel Tower cookie cutter.
    J'ai acheté un coupeur du petit gâteau de la Tour Eiffel.
  • I saw lots of watercolors by Cézanne.
    J'ai vu beaucoup d'aquarelles par Cézanne.

And I had a great time.

Aucun commentaire: