mercredi, décembre 29, 2004

the short bus AKA the bus with the white top

MsBeesKnees' riding the short bus of shame post is an all-too-perfect reminder of my days riding the bus to Cope Junior High in Redlands in 1987. That wretched place had more than its share of uber-privileged sociopaths, running around in Guess jeans and Quicksilver T-shirts, carrying those oh-so-popular Esprit bags.
As you've probably guessed, they weren't as accepting as MsBeesKnees' new wave kids:
"They didn’t seem to care that I rolled with the special ed squad, I was liked because I was me. "

But I'm not bitter ...

1 commentaire:

Happy A. a dit…

Yes, many of them are. But your comment led me to google one boy that I fancied back in the day and he's got a Ph.D. and is now married. And he's about to move to my town. Egads!