dimanche, janvier 09, 2005

sideways

Sideways Aaron, Aleyda, Kevin and I saw Sideways today. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the comments that Kevin and Aaron made during the film. I could, however, have done without the purple-haired old lady squad behind us who kept talking about whether Sandra Oh was Lucy Liu ("You know, that one from Ally McBeal"). I wanted to say "She's not Lucy Liu, she's Sandra Oh. You recognize her because she was in Under The Tuscan Sun. Now please shut up.") I didn't of course, but I silently wished them ingrown toenails and whatever other maladies people who speak obnoxiously in movies deserve. Nothing too karma-wrecking, just enough to make them mildly miserable for a week or so.

Re: the film. **DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED IN THE FILM. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. **
What do you think happened after he knocked on the door? My fantasy is that things turned out positively for him and Maya. But in the theatre, I was waiting for a man to open the door, just because I expected the other shoe to drop. And I agree with Kevin -- I half expected him to grab a gun instead of the '61 vino.

Aucun commentaire: