lundi, janvier 03, 2005

yes, that's my hair


me, circa 1988

Inspired by MsBeesKnees (yet again), I finally got around to scanning a picture of myself from the wretched Cope Junior High days. It was the 80's and I was fighting that naturally curly hair. (And clearly losing.) The pyramid hairstyle was all the rage, along with the small-animal-on-my-forehead bangs courtesy of AquaNet. Add to that my radiant tan, the Revlon silver city pink lipstick (I swear, I'm not making up the name), pink shimmer eyeshadow, and green eyeliner and the picture is, well, complete.

Don't try this at home kids. And if you're in your late 20s/ early 30s and lived in southern California at the time, don't even try to deny the fact that you did this, too.

Fortunately for me, my mod "Pretty In Pink" phase (complete with creepers) adopted at Canyon Springs High School was just around the corner. Sadly, that phase was preceded by yet another bad haircut (waaaaay too short) and poor coiffing choice. Ah, adolescence...

1 commentaire:

Kicking Bitch a dit…

I could never get my bangs to do that, so I made them do this kind of surf wave thing, which was just so...ugh! I'm glad that's all over!