lundi, février 14, 2005

a very NASCAR v-day

Historians think the first valentine was actually poetry sent in the fifteen century by Charles of Orleans whilst he was locked up in the Tower of London. Knowing that makes the following discovery all the more appaling.

I was quietly leafing through the junkmail on Saturday, when I hit upon the Rite Aid circular. Imagine my surprise when I learned that they have NASCAR-themed boxes of chocolate for Valentine's Day.


And there's also this gem: Top Ten NASCAR Valentine's Day Gifts, courtesy of Mistie Bibbee.

Because nothing says "I love you" like NASCAR. Call me a snob, but surely this is a sign that the Apocalypse is upon us and our civilization is doomed I say, doomed!

7 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

I can't even comment because i'm laughing so hard.

Were there Right Wing Gun Toting Christian Themed cards?
A.D.

Anonyme a dit…

Too funny! Have I ever told you about my friend in Wisconsin who has a nascar themed dining room? No joke. They have a piece of Dale Earnhart's tire on their wall! What is this world coming to?
-B.P.

Anonyme a dit…

Considering that stock car racing was born in North Carolina, now you know why I no longer live there.
-S.Y.

Anonyme a dit…

In Salina, KS, those things would be off the shelf before you could say,
"Dale Earnheardt, god rest his soul."
J.W.

Anonyme a dit…

They learn to count like this in NC-"one...two...Earnhardt...four..."
(Only funny if you know the car number for the late Dale Earnhardt was 3, which EVERYONE south of the
Mason/Dixon does)
-G.T.

Anonyme a dit…

Damn if that doesn't remind me of how many freaks there are in the world and make me feel content to be single today!!! Bless you.

Seriously, I nearly choked when I read the item about a model car made out of conversation hearts and didn't really process the rest of the list.
-T.M.

Anonyme a dit…

That's too funny. Gee, I may dispense with the Hello Kitty valentines and go with the Nascar ones for next year.