mercredi, juillet 13, 2005

a letter from turk

Turk is still at it in France and I'm verte avec envie.

Back to school this morning after a fine trip to Grenoble.
Nice city in a fantastic setting. The Rhone river runs thru town and it is surrounded by granite ridges and peaks. Plenty of hiking/biking trails, rafting, climbing opportunities there. Met a great guy from NZ (Aaron) who loaned me his bike so I could ride with my brother Tim and his wife Janet to the quaint little neighboring town (20KM) of Voreppe. We ate some of the best food I've had on the trip and watched the local guys playing bocce [petanque] in the courtyard.

Sunday Tim and Aaron climbed L'Alpe D'Huez, a famous difficult high climb of the Tour de France as I was leaving to return to Paris. This week is the Bal de Pompiers and Bastille Day, so it should be fun. I go to London on the week-end to see Jean.
Best to all-
Greg

Aucun commentaire: