dimanche, août 28, 2005

age before beauty

Friday night, Denisse took me to a party with amazing sangria. Her friend Dean commented on how different that gathering was from parties back in undergrad days ("There's no jungle juice, and the women aren't as slutted out as they were in college.")

Which brings me to Saturday night ... I hung out with the French Connection at a house party complete with college students, a keg, jello shots, and jungle juice. Hosts Ian and Marisa were fab and it was good times with mes voyous Turk, Susan, Nathan, Becki, and Trevor. After everyone else had taken off, Trevor carried a vintage pachinko machine to my car and we talked for hours.

The most interesting (but pathetic) dynamic I witnessed Saturday: The young twenty-something women who were absolutely beautiful but also incredibly insecure. It makes me glad to be the age I am and that I have never hidden my intelligence to get a man to like me.

Proof positive that you can be smart and have a GSOH:

Aucun commentaire: