jeudi, octobre 13, 2005

it's a sin to kill a mockingbird

Tonight, I took myself on a date and watched "To Kill A Mockingbird" on the big screen at MOPA. It's none the worse for wear, even after all these years.

Atticus Finch is one of the bravest and most decent men in fiction. Like many kids my age, I read Harper Lee's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel in junior high and saw the film in my English class. The book (and movie) deal with difficult issues of race and wrongdoing in rural 1930s Alabama. Gregory Peck is riveting as Atticus Finch, a lawyer in the Depression-era South who defends a black man against an undeserved rape charge and his kids against prejudice.

1 commentaire:

Jason a dit…

To Kill A Mocking Bird is shown in big cinema? that's impossible. no business men would do such a crime.
Good blog by the way.