Improv Everywhere causes scenes of chaos and joy in public places. Created in August of 2001 by Charlie Todd, Improv Everywhere has executed over 50 missions involving hundreds of undercover agents. The group is based in New York City. They staged their own U2 concert on a New York rooftop earlier this year.Ben's mission: The MP3 Experiment 2.0 (you bet your ass he's chosen to accept it)
Date: Saturday, October 15
Location: Sheep Meadow, Central Park (West side, mid-Park from 66th to 69th Streets: Map)
Time: The event will begin promptly at 3 p.m. Arrive early. If you are late you will miss it all. It will be over by 4 p.m.
1. Download the mp3.
2. Load it onto your mp3 player (iPod, etc) or burn to a CD for use with a "Discman".
3. Do not listen to the track.
4. Bring it with you to the event.
5. When you arrive at the event, SIT on the grass, anywhere in the meadow. (Bring a towel or newspaper to sit on.)
6. A man in the center of the meadow will make a siren noise with his megaphone. When this happens turn your player on and prepare to press play.
7. Around a minute later, the man will count down from 5 and then make a second siren noise. When you hear the siren, press play.
8. If available, turn on the "hold" feature on your player to prevent yourself from accidentally pressing an incorrect button during the event.
9. Remain seated until otherwise instructed.
10. Have fun.