lundi, juin 19, 2006

bon-na-rooooo

Ash, James, Chad, Leo, and I just spent an amazing four days in Tennessee at Bonnaroo (the largest music festival in the United States).

I saw about 30 bands in 3 days, including Radiohead, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Elvis Costello, Beck, Balkan Beat Box, Seu Jorge, Sonic Youth, Son Volt, Sasha, the Streets, Death Cab for Cutie, World Party, Oysterhead, Dresden Dolls, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Gomez, Bright Eyes, Cypress Hill, G. Love and Special Sauce, and Phil Lesh and Friends. I also came home from my first festival experience sans sunburn and with my voice. : D

Pictures and more to come in the following days, once we're back from Chattanooga ...

Update: Here are some of our photos.

3 commentaires:

wrki a dit…

I can't tell you how excited I am that you went to Bonoroo...I will add this to the list of things to do before 40. Heck, I hope to learn how to ride a motorbike for my 34th and so maybe I'll roadtrip it...

Wasn't Elvis just dreamy? I think I may have to check him out again this week at the Paramount in Oakland.

Be well.

Tschuss! (I know that's Deutsche and not Francais.)

Unknown a dit…

Looking forward to seeing the pics! Glad you made it back in one piece! And thanks for the mystery package - will open it in 2 days.

Anonyme a dit…

Seu Jorge is a busy man! He played Stern Grove (in SF) last weekend as well.