mercredi, octobre 11, 2006

bitch-slapped by the invisible hand

I've been known to complain about grad school from time to time. (Okay, a lot of the time.) Economics was especially dismal for me.

It's good to know that I'm not alone. But I still feel bad for Diana.
Finals are over. We find out our grades in about two week. I have no idea how I did on Organizational Behavior. The final consisted of three and a half hours of non-stop writing. Everyone had hand cramps afterwards.

Unfortunately, I have a pretty good idea of how I did in Microeconomics. I knew that I didn't do well on the midterm, however, I felt okay about the final. That is, until I saw the answers. I think that I got every answer wrong. It's so demoralizing. I went to every section, did every problem set and yet I still bombed the final. The worst part is that I got an A in Micro as an undergrad, where I was competing against Wharton students.

I hated econ when I was in college. Thomas Carlyle called economics "the dismal science." I got bitch slapped by the invisible hand. All I can do now is to consider it a sunk cost.

Aucun commentaire: