Prep time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 6 to 12 hours
Roasting time: 30-35 minutes
Oven temperature: 450°F
1 ¼ - 1 ½ lbs whole pork tenderloin or boneless pork loin
1 TBSP Dijon mustard
1/3 cup bourbon, sherry, Madeira or chicken broth
¼ cup fresh lime juice
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp ground allspice or nutmeg
3-5 TBSP dark brown sugar, packed
- Trim fat from pork loin. Place in shallow dish. Rub all over with mustard.
- Mix bourbon with juice, spices, and salt. Pour over meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Lift meat from marinade and place on rack in roasting pan. Coat with brown sugar.
- Roast at 450°F for about 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160°F. As meat roasts, baste occasionally with marinade.
- Cut meat into thin diagonal slices. Spoon pan juices over slices and serve.