vendredi, janvier 05, 2007

for the good of the country

Yesterday, Nancy Pelosi made history as the first woman elevated to Speaker of the House. I'm glad that she's in the post, not just because she's a woman, but because she's a woman whose values and stances on political issues are almost identical to my own. You go, Nancy!



Why are so many Conservatives afraid of Nancy Pelosi? As my friend Sharon says:
They have painted her as a demon. She is, after all, a good Catholic girl — even attended a Catholic university. She had five children in six years (can you say family values, folks?). She fights against poverty and for the underprivileged (correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Jesus do that?). She’s hard working and willing to compromise for the common good. She believes in social justice. Excuse me, but where is Satan in all that?
She's gone from the kitchen to the Congress and is pledging to work with the minority "for the good of the country."

And, yes, I'm glad that it's now two bullets (or one very well-placed bomb) that separate a woman from the Presidency.

Aucun commentaire: