vendredi, janvier 05, 2007

my u2 top ten list

Inspired by Omer's Bono-mullet-bashing post, I had to think long and hard about my U2 top ten list. The top ten change every so often, but here's what I'm feeling at the moment. And, yes, I couldn't keep it to ten, once I got started.
  1. Bad (Wide Awake in America version)
  2. All I Want Is You (Extended b-side single version)
  3. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  4. With or Without You
  5. One
  6. Running to Stand Still
  7. New Year's Day
  8. Can't Help Falling in Love (Okay, it's a cover. But it's spine-tingling in just the right way)
  9. Where the Streets Have No Name
  10. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
  12. I Will Follow
  13. Bullet the Blue Sky
  14. Two Hearts Beat As One
  15. 40
  16. In God's Country
  17. Everlasting Love (cover)
  18. Redemption Song (cover)
  19. The Sweetest Thing
  20. Love Comes Tumbling
  21. Dancing Barefoot
I draw the line somewhere around here for the next tier. I didn't actually buy any albums after Zooropa (but got some as gifts) , so I'm not as familiar with the latest stuff. I'm fine with that.
  1. So Cruel
  2. The First Time
  3. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
  4. Acrobat
  5. Angel of Harlem
  6. God Part II
  7. Heartland
  8. Love Rescue Me
  9. Stay (Faraway So Close)
  10. Beautiful Day
  11. Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)
  12. Zooropa
  13. Numb
  14. The Unforgettable Fire
  15. Dear Prudence (cover)
  16. Help (cover)
  17. Gloria
  18. Seconds
  19. Stories for Boys

1 commentaire:

Unknown a dit…

This is going to be tough. Like picking which kid is your favorite...

I'll have to think about this one for a while.