mercredi, mars 07, 2007

it's not supposed to be that temporary

Recap of today:
  • 6:30 a.m. Woke up and realized that my cold is going to be a doozy.
  • 7 a.m. Rallied and got myself to yoga.
  • 9 a.m. Went to OB/GYN for colposcopy due to a recent pap smear that revealed mild cervical dysplasia. The doctor seemed pretty nonplussed about what he saw, but still took some samples while he had me dilated.
  • 10:30 a.m. Saw urgent care doctor who confirmed that my cold will be a doozy, and prescribed the mega decongestant to stave off the inevitable ear infection.
  • 11:30 Ate my breakfast (finally).
  • 12 p.m. Experienced mild pain as my dentist did the prep and buildup for a crown that will be ready on March 23. Actually felt sorry for the dental tech as she adjusted the temporary crown for the 50th time.
  • 1:30 p.m. Returned item at IKEA, bought potting soil at the Home Despot.
  • 2:15 p.m. Got a haircut.
  • 3:30 p.m. Enjoyed a massage in PB. Learned that my poor posture and looking slightly up while at the computer 12+ hours a day are the reasons for my chronic trapezius tension and upper back pain.
  • 4:45 p.m. Called my dentist and told him that my temporary crown was coming loose.
  • 6:15 p.m. Successfully started charcoal to grill dinner on.
  • 7:15 p.m. Winced at the first bite of Leo's grass-fed steak with chimichurri and then proceeded to chew small bites of steak 3 times before swallowing. Made sure to chew on opposite side of mouth from crown.
  • 9:30 p.m. Thanked Leo for improving my mood before walking him out.
  • 11:15 p.m. E-mailed work to say that I won't be in tomorrow because of the cold and because the temporary crown came off. Decided that I didn't feel sorry for the dental tech anymore. It's not supposed to be that temporary.

Aucun commentaire: