- Saturday: Turducken, done right.
- Sunday: Pamplemousse Grille (Leo and eight women). Try the pear tart tatin and the duck.
- Monday: Dao Son with Nolan.
- Tuesday: Class, and homemade butternut squash and potato soup (recipe will be posted soon).
- Wednesday: Class. Ugh.
- Thursday: A. R. Valentien. Choose the wine pairings. We loved the short ribs and the pork; and the desserts (coconut rum rice pudding and the flourless chocolate cake with bourbon ice cream) were divine.
- Friday: Seeing Hillary Clinton speak at SDSU, then rushing to The Marine Room. Sunset with D and Ophy made getting there at 5 p.m. on a Friday very worth it. That, and chef Bernard's Kobe beef in demi glace.
- Saturday: Geoff and James' Soup-er Bowl party was excellent. Leo had spent the afternoon screaming sweet nothings at his laptop while he watched the Nacional/Peñarol game, but everything ended as it should. Bonus points to Nacional for making Leo's week and beating Peñarol with 10 players.
- Sunday: The Superbowl at Chris' place with Josh and Cass. The Giants made it an 18-1 season for the Pats. And Lefty's Pizza made my stomach quite happy in spite of all the hating on Superbowl MVP Eli Manning.
dimanche, février 03, 2008
the week of ridiculous eating
This weekend was a fitting end to "the week of ridiculous eating" that included some amazing meals courtesy of San Diego Restaurant Week.